TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a WD-62528..The old bulb was going out, the red light…

Hello....I have a WD-62528..The...

Hello....I have a WD-62528..The old bulb was going out, the red light was on. The tv would periodically turn itself off. The green light would flash for about 40sec, then go off. Then you could turn the tv back on. It would do this every hour or so. It finally just turned off, and would not turn back on. I unplugged it, and plugged it back in. The green light would flash for the customary 40sec, then stop. But the tv would not turn back on with the remote control. The manual on/off button on the front of the unit has not worked for years. But it could always be turned on with the remote. I bought another bulb, but that did not solve my problem. The green light will flash...you can hear something humming in the back of the unit. But not much else...

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?

Wd-62528 not sure what year...I use the cable provided remote..

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It won't turn on for me to check.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was trying to attach a blue-ray player..my son was showing me on the front how to find what out let the blue ray was plugged into..

8/24/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What does the power/Status light on TV front do when TV wont turn On?

- Where did you get replacement lamp from and how much it costed?

The light doesn't do anything. It only comes on when you unplug the unit. I got the bulb on line, from a place that I had gotten one before. It cost about $25.

OK, $25 bulb wont work, sorry for this news. These cheap/ low cost bulb do not work.

I would recommend to get original replacement lamp directly from Mitsubishi Parts.

We need to verify the TV with following test, please remove lamp cover from TV for a while and push power button on TV or its remote.

Does TV power light flash in orange/ yellow now?

just the black cover on the back of the unit, and leave the bulb in?

Yes please. Leave the bulb in and remove just the lamp cover and switch On TV power to check power light behavior.

There is an orange/yellow light blinking on the lamp indicator.

Nice, that means rest of TV is fine and all it needs a good lamp that you can get directly from Mitsubishi Parts, click following link to order the lamp..

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/PartsForModel/WD-62528

Please do not buy counterfeit/ cheap lamp/ bulb that doesn't work nor last longer and some times give additional problems in TV.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician