TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Moved my tv this morning to a new location now it won't

Moved my tv this...

Moved my tv this morning to a new location now it won't power up

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Lg about 2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Can't get anything to come up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working fine. I used the cable remote to turn it off, put it in the truck very gently, installed it and tried to turn it oo on with the Manuel power and nothing. Checked the power source even changed power coprds

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Can you get the model number off the back of the tv?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

47lh46-lia
Lg

Thanks

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

Ok let's just chat
47lh40

Got it.... Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Previous electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 47" tv's.

Regardless of what you decide to do with your tv, I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I can get credit for taking your question. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Please note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started