TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

A continuous blinking light. The blue screen comes up with…

A continuous green blinking...

A continuous green blinking light. The blue screen comes up with Mitsubishi Electric - Welcome. No audio or video. Thought this was the power supply board but that's not it.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in 2011 but it was mfg. in 2009. WD-65837

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, it will not bring up the menu. Can't turn on or off with the remote or on the TV. Have to unplug.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2 weeks - no TV. It was working fine that morning and at lunch I got just a blue screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I would just like to know what part it needs or do I junk it?

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello Jack. I am Sheri

Hi Sheri

All the symptoms you described (does not respond to commands like POWER , no audio/video or menu etc.) they all point to a defective main board part # 934C328002

Where did you buy that power board by the way ?

They may have that main board and you could return your power supply in exchange ?

I`m looking for that main board as we speak by the way

I just have a flip phone so can you answer me on here please.

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

The power supply board was refurbished (sold on Ebay) for $19. Would the TV come on at all if it is the power supply?
I do thank you for the part number.

Right now every reasonable suppliers are out of stock on this main board and the only one who have it want $300 + for it .

Sorry to say but i don`t think you should invest that much in this tv unless you have a love affair with it

Just saw your last question and usually no the tv would not come on , either blinking lights at the front or totally dead

This is the best deal i could find ; http://www.tvserviceparts.com/934C328002.html

You will see $296 there

I think I will buy another TV but not a Mitsubishi. I think they are out of the TV business anyway.
I really appreciate your info and thank you for helping me.

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you