Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My daughter was watching and said the screen went all with

My daughter was watching and said the screen went all white with lines across it. She switched it off and then turned it back on. Now we get no picture on the screen at all
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 55uf6450 manufactured in October 2015
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cannot see anything on the screen, no menu at all. The power light is red, when I turn it on it goes off like it is powered on but nothing on the screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened this morning, Just watching tv
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What have you tried so far (besides pressing power button on remote)?

Is there sound playing from the tv speakers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also tried the button under the screen, no sound from the speakers

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv, not remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, when i pushed the button, the red light blinked 3 times then went off, still no picture or sound

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model so it is worth repairing.

Regardless of what you decide to do, I really want you to be satisfied with my service, so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you require something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** probably try my local repair shop. I would give you 5 stars

You're welcome.

If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.