Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My screen got damaged during transit can it be repaired, not

my screen got damaged during transit can it be repaired
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: not sure of the age its
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: un55ju6700fxza
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing popped up the screen was damaged when I was moving house
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately whenever these screens are impacted, or any external pressure is put on them it generally causes the screen to fail (the LCD panel has liquid in between two layers that produces the image). Anytime you see any defect in the screen after it's been hit- it does unfortunately indicate that the LCD panel is faulty and there aren't any fixes for this beyond replacing the entire screen of the TV (which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires dismantling and reassembly of the set to fix the issue). I'm sorry to have to tell you but the TV is not really repairable after there this occurs, aside from purchasing a used one of the exact same model on eBay and then disassembling it for it's screen.

The only other thing you can do to try and recoup some of the loss is to contact a site that purchases these sets with faulty/damaged screens and then sells the internal boards to TV repair shops. The site below is a used/pulled parts supplier and may be able to help on that end:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were an economical fix. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok all good

You're welcome. Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?