TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a sharp lc-70le847u, about 5 years old, model is

I have a sharp lc-70le847u JA...
I have a sharp lc-70le847u
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 5 years old, model is above The TV will not start and seeme like it has been taking longer and longer to start, finally it will not start at all.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it will not start at all, the TV start light blinks 2 long and 5 short. I have had Sharp show me to do a factory reset but no luck
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been just a couple of days. last week it would not start and I just kept trying to restart finnaly it did.
JA: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The next day same thing, and then finally it would not start at all.
8/21/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately the 2 long, followed by 5 short blink pattern directly indicates "panel power supply" which means that either the power supply board, or the T-con (the panel supply) has failed and requires repairs made to the set in most cases.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

I did the hard reset, I have ordered a power supply board to see if that is the problem. Do you think it could be the main board?

No, the Mainboard doesn't give that error code, as I stated above the issue is the T-con (the panel supply) or the power supply board. The only way to narrow it down further from there is to check the 12 volt line on the power supply board that FEEDS the t-con to see if it is present or faulty.

Thanks, ***** ***** power supply arrives I will give it a try.

You're welcome. If that does not cure the issue then you need to purchase the T-con (LCD timing controller) board which is located top dead center of the panel of the set- and connects via two LVDS cables to the mainboard. Let me know if you need assistance locating that part.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician