TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Power is good, cable box is working, tv will not turn on,

power is good, cable box...
power is good, cable box is working, tv will not turn on
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Insignia purchased for my office in 2012 but hardly used. was not an issue until today
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv will not turn on,
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: today
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: wasn't on so I have no idea what happened
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Insignia and also tell me if there are ANY signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit, blinking, etc.)?

no signs of life at all;24E730A12

Thanks. No signs of life generally points to the power supply board in these Insignia sets failing (these are very low cost TV's designed to fit a price point- not for long-term reliability). In most cases the power supply board needs to be replaced to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Thank you, ***** *****!

Awesome, and you're very welcome!

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician