TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a smart TV by Samsung series 5 LED TV 58*. My TV has…

Customer Question
I have a smart...

I have a smart TV by Samsung series 5 LED TV 58*. My TV has no video, just audio.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It is about 2 years old. I have not ried unplugging for a few hours. I though have left it on since the time about 3 months ago when it would have audio instantly but video only after around 10 minutes. We were out of town for a week and this time we turned off the TV and the cable box.. The video never came back.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It happens on all inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

3 months ago, the video would start after around 10 minutes. This time, since it had not been turned on for a week, the video never returned.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

That's all.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
8/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please start by getting me the full model number off of the back of the Samsung set?

Sorry could ot get behind tv. It is wallmounted and heasvy for one person.
That's ok. I will call again tomorrow when I have someone to help me bring down the TV.
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , I`m Jack , different tech. here

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

If totally dark , When you first turn it on ,do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?

Sorry for not responding immediately. Got preoccupied with something else. Screen is just completely dark.
Is the $26 separate from the $5 already charged?
Louie, Technician