Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a solo tv sound system which have no sound. Sansui.

I have a solo tv sound system which have no sound
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sansui
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: First it would not turn on,I disconnected everything and reconnected after leaving disconnected overnight I reconnected this morning and green light can on. But no sound and the remote will not change channels. The source is not working
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable with cable box and cable remote or satellite box ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
SLED3900B

Thanks , and any cable box connected to this tv ?

Cable company remote ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have DIRECTVNOW INTERNET

O.k then firs thing here is to reboot the satellite /direct tv box

Pull its power cord out for a minute

Try that reboot first before a $26 call ?

In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not have a cable box

meant direct tv box ,sorry

By the way , I will close that phone request in a bit if we won`t be using it , you may see a charge for it but it will be credited when i send it in as incomplete /canceled