TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I want to restore my tv is an element 40'' class led

I want to restore my...
I want to restore my tv is an element 40'' class led elefw408
JA: What Element model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: less than a year when they bought it
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: mmm, i want to restore it cause I need to connect my wifi
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Element? What happened right before this?
Customer: Its new for me..
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to have internet on the tv, so i can connect it to my laptop and see movies on it thats all
8/20/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Thnx

I'm not sure what you're looking to try and do, but this TV cannot connect to Wi-Fi as it's not a Smart TV and has no internet capabilities built in- it's simply not built with any sort of internet connectivity in mind. I'm assuming that you were looking to try and get internet streaming apps on this TV? If so, then you cannot do this with the TV alone, and no restoring, etc. will solve that. Instead what you need is a streaming device connected to the TV via the HDMI Input that you would then connect to your Wi Fi for streaming. There are dozens of Blu Ray players that are Smart, as well as the Roku, and Amazon Firestick, etc. for as little as $40 that will accomplish this.

If you don't already have something in mind, then the Amazon Firestick is a very good choice as it has many apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and can also give you free movies via Amazon Prime if you're a Prime member:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
ok, thank you. great answer.
Aric, Technician