TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an audiomx wireless rf headphone that doesn't seem to

I have an audiomx wireless...
I have an audiomx wireless rf headphone that doesn't seem to work no matter what I plug it into
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: the headphones are brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I bought them a month ago...I've tried plugging them into the audio connection in the back of the tv
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: any help would be appreciated
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/20/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

Have these headphones been tested on something other than the tv?

40a
text is fine

What is "40a" supposed to be? The tv model number? Please look at the back of the tv for a full model number.

And have these headphones been tested on something other than the tv?

vw37L hdtv 40a

I don't have any other audio devices to them on...they're brand new

Please list everything that is being used on the tv?

-antenna

-cable

-satellite

-others

just a dvd player (new samsung) it works for the tv through the tv speakers but not the headphones

What type of connection goes from the dvd player to the tv?

-HDMI

-Component

-AV

-other

hdmi

Got it, one minute please...

The only audio OUT that you can use on the tv is the DIGITAL OPTICAL OUT. So you will likely just need a small converter box (less than $20) to make this work. Here is one example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2Z21IS

Just connect that box between the tv OPTICAL jack and your headphones.

It is almost time for me to ask you to rate my service. I really want you to be satisfied so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you need something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that you need parts outside of our control.

where's the tv optical jack
is that "audio out - optical" on the back of the tv?

Yes, exactly.

super! thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Thanks

okey dokey

Have a great day.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician