TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv started acting weird the volume started changing on it…

Hi my tv started...

Hi my tv started acting weird the volume started changing on it own and than my tv turned off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a year old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model e43-c2 the tv will not turn back on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This just started

8/19/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

nothing is connected to my tv... my tv started acting weird and turned off and won't come back on

OK, how do you receive channels on this TV?

via cable box?

i have a smart tv so i watch hulu and stuff on thru wifi

ah OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

i disconnected for 10 mins and it still won't turn back on

Sorry to hear that, this test also confirmed that TV has got hardware related problem with main board that wil be replaced. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then click following board supplier link to get replacement main board if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e43-c2

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Question got refunded ?