TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It won't turn on, Where on tv would I find make & model # Tv

It won't turn on JA: What's...
It won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Where on tv would I find make & model #
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv shows just black screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Right now. I've been gone a month. Just got home. Turned tv in w/remote. Light switched to white & thats it
JA: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
8/18/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

We work with TV's everyday, and there are literally thousands of different sets out there- all with different behaviors, functions and issues. That said, what is the specific model number off of the back of your TV please?

Hold pls

Okay, no problem.

Va26Lhdtv10T
Vizio
Are you there?

Thank you- yes I'm here it takes time to type. Offhand these symptoms aren't uncommon when the set gets on in years, and it's a common "Mainboard" issue with the Vizio we see often. In many cases this requires repairs made to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

That didn't work. Vizio still shows white like on, but, zip.

Okay that's not good news. So did the screen of the TV light up at all- or does it appear pitch black as if the set were off?

Pitch blk

If you're still having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $25:

https://gopartserv.com/products/cbpf82mkz5-715t3000-1-2-3-vizio-va26lhdtv10t-main-board?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=13800021252&gclid=CjwKCAjw_dTMBRBHEiwApIzn_KZbTXSHHSpNNuqFu7xskNN-Nk9p4pdI47_ALM5eOquuCyZ_owaDiBoC1aAQAvD_BwE

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $150-$175 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 32" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Where can I purchase a 32" LED Smart TV. & yes. I appreciate your assistance

Best Buy or Wal-Mart have about a half dozen 32" sets in that price range. I'll post a link to Best Buy if you'd like? In the meantime, could you please click a positive rating?

Absolutely

Thank you. There should be 5 stars to click on at the top of the page.

Where is link to rate? I don't see it

There should be stars at the top or bottom of your page (scroll all of the way up or down to see them). Are they not there?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician