Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Today while the TV was on, the remote quit working. The

Today while the TV was on, the remote quit working. The volume and channel buttons would not work. I changed the batteries in the remote and got the TV turned off, but now it will not come on again. Can you help?
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: Vizio E55-C2. The remote is the same one that came with the TV.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, the menu does not work. I tried the I heart radio and input as well.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened this afternoon, while I was watching TV. I wanted to change the channel and nothing happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (non the lower left hand rear corner of the TV), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That worked. Thank you.

Excellent and you're very welcome!

Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?