TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 50 inch LG plasma tv that wont turn on. the red…

I have a 50...

I have a 50 inch LG plasma tv that wont turn on. the red standby light is on but when i try to turn it on nothing happens. It used to click when I turned it on.

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

Never happened before. I did try unplugging for a while but probably not that long.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The screen does not light up to check for the menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We just came back from a trip and it won't light up. I asked my son if therewere any bad storms when we were gone and he said just small ones.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

My converter box died too.

8/17/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- Does power indicator on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

50pk250-ua The red standby light is on steady and does not change when i hit the power button or try the remote.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I tried powering down the tv and changed the box. The tv still won't turn on.

OK, it seems TV main board internal failure which is causing the problem so TV doesn't boot up when push power button, sorry for this news, reason could be static charge of lightning strike or thunderstorm in area.

It needs to replace main board in TV to get it fixed, please click following link to view main board image and part number inf that can be used to search/ google to get replacement main board price info if you have plan to do i yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebt60947202-main-board.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote around $300 to $400...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to replace the tv it is 7 years old and it probably time.

Much welcome, wish you the best~