TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Picture 1/4 size in upper left corner in HDMI.ok on cable.

JA: What's the model number...
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: insigna roku ser KSEG7YA0`14310
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: only on HDMI either I/P 1234
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just tirned it on and got this result.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
8/17/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You mentioned ".....ok on cable". So what is it that's appearing in 1/4 size via HDMI on the TV please?

normal picture

Please re-read what I posted.

no

What device are you trying to watch on the TV where the picture is 1/4 size?

not on phone. tell me now.

Are you able to actually see my replies???

Cable. cogeco.Hdmi
You asked what i was trying to watch. It's cable tv.

Yes i did. Then you said "normal picture" and before that had said "ok on cable". To me that sounds like you said the cable was working fine. Now you're saying the cable is what is appearing on 1/4 screen- is that correct?

If that's so, then you simply need to reboot your cable box.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens.
Aric, Technician
Came up OK Thanks. Steve
You're welcome Steve, and I'm glad to hear that.
Aric, Technician