TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Samsung 32 inch has no picture. The sound from the

My Samsung 32 inch...
My Samsung 32 inch has no picture. The sound from the station I have it on is working but no picture. Is this fixable?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Series 56 52015203 2 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothings works except the change of channels. I had the cable co. check their end and everything is OK on their end. No picture but sound.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since Tuesday night.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
8/17/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeI am sorry you are having problems if you press the menu button of the sets own remote does the menu come up ,( when its black)Anthony
no, menu does NOT come up.
call me.
OK and I am assume that you can't see any light at all on the display, if that is the case you have no backlights,these illuminate the pixels no backlights no pic black screen sound ok
Now in my experience this is an awkward issue as in many cases this is the backlights themselves and they can't be replaced economically
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Joe AV
Phone call session started
You would be better off replacing the set for this size screen which has dropped in price over the last couple years
I am sorry its nothing easier here
If you need more clarity let me know
Let me know
A positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is appreciated rating bar of stars is top of the page thank you
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician