TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Mitsubishi 73" DLP WD-73833 TV. Lamps go out fast.

I have a Mitsubishi...

I have a Mitsubishi 73" DLP WD-73833 TV. Lamps go out fast. I need a an AUTHORIZED repair person in my area or least close enough to make the drive...

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It;s the Diamond Series... I bought it 4/2008. It was a fairly new model at that time. It was one of the 1st 120hz.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes... Inputs fine that I am aware of. No control issues.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A little over a year. I was getting 3 6 months out of a lamp at that time. Recently they have lasted weeks, the last 2 days...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything at the moment.

8/17/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Also , can you please give me the name of your town and state or zip code ?

Hello... Miramar Beach (Destin) FL 32550

O.k and before calling a repairman , where do you get those lamps and how much do you pay for it ?

I have gotten them from a couple of sources on Amazon. $24 - $32...
The price ranges up to $175.00 plus

That is where lies your problem , those cheap lamp do not last and thats correct they usually sell for well over $100

Do not spend a $125 on a service call , the tech. will tell you the same thing .

Give me a minute please

Here is a link where you can get one with a year warranty for $93.49 ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-915p061010-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-philips-bulb.htm

You better off spending a bit more now and have a lamp that should last years not weeks

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

With the recent rash of bad luck, I was semi anticipating that.God Bless... Thank you...

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you