TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 47/48 in TV was on, working fine. Then columns of short…

My 47/48 in TV...

My 47/48 in TV was on, working fine. Then columns of short green bars appeared on upper diagonal screen section. The TV turned off within two minutes. TV screen is dark. red light on but screen is black.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model 49UF6490-UB about 4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu does not work. screen does not go on. black screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of days ago. TV was on then green bars. has not worked since

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot find my receipt but about 4 yrs old

8/17/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready....

Do you have access to the tv right now?

no chat. just emails

Do you have access to the tv right now?

i have access to TV

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.

-disconnect all antenna/cable/hdmi/audio/video/etc cables from the tv.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in ONLY the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv, not remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Did you get the message I just posted?

pressed only the power button. red light on but nothing else

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here. Substantial electronics experience is required on your part. Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model.

Regardless of what you decide to do, I really want you to be satisfied with my service, so before I send the rating options, I want to know if you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service or if you require something more.

Note: You should not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control.

Inclined to put best service. do not require more.
contact later if further service needed. thanks

You're welcome. All the best.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician