Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I just replaced both boards in my lg55lv4400. I had a rapid

I just replaced both boards in my lg55lv4400. I had a rapid red blinking light now that I replaced both boards I have a solid red light but the tv will still not power on from remote or button on tv. Any insight would be much appreciated

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello

Hi

Did you replace both board at the same time or you tried one first then the other ?

Note that I do not send phone offers myself , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No this is fine, I replaced the power board first didn't fix it then I just installed main board and the standby light has quit blinking like it was and is solid like normal but it will not power on

O.k then you mean that replacing the power board alone still gave you a blinking light ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is correct

O.k then for a test re-install your old power board with the new main

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay I will do that in just a minute

No problem ,take your time

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
installed old power board same scenario solid red standby light tv will not power on

Do you have a voltmeter ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I don't actually

Too bad we could`ve tested what is coming from the main board and out the power supply

At this point this is what needs to be done as i believe one of your new board is not working correctly

Just for a test though i will ask you to pull out a couple of lug s and see if that affects it

Be right back

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay

First disconnect the 2 flat ribbon cables at connectors TCN3 and TCN4 and try again , see if the backlight comes on ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Disconnected them no backlight won't power on

O.k , re-install those and make sure you lock the clips over the ribbon cables

You did notice there was a lock there yes ?

Now disconnect LCN1 and 2 on the power board one at a time and try to power up the tv in between each , see if the light at the front does anything

By the way , pull the power cord each time for those

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay so I did all that nothing changed as I did them separate red light continued to stay solid no back light

Somehow i trust more your old main board than the new one , looks to me like it responds to and abnormal condition by blinking while the new one seems to be dead

I would try to re-install the new main and try those plugs again to see if you get anything

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Reinstall the old main board and try it is that what you meant

Try the test you just did with the old main board , that new one doesn`t seem to react to anything

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay I ran all those tests with the old main board and the red standby light stays blinking no backlight won't power on

O.k then this would need to get down to voltage measurements , no other ways now

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well that sucks for me being without a meter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
People online selling junk parts on eBay I guess

You could get a cheap digital voltmeter /multimeter at places like home depot tomorrow for less than 20 bucks and beside this job it could come in handy for other things in the future

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah wouldn't be able to get it until tomorrow though and then that still leaves me with a junk board I imagine I guess I'll see if I can return my parts and junk the tv I'm done messing with it

No problem but if you change your mind i`ll be here .

I will close that phone request as we won`t be using it , you may see a charge for it but it will be credited when i send it in as incomplete /canceled

There won`t be any charges on that

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thanks Jack I appreciate everything!

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do thanks again

Thank you