TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have light grey horizontal lines going across my screen on…

I have light grey...

I have light grey horizontal lines going across my screen on my Visio M470SL LCD TV. Happens with DVD and Direct TV box

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your M470SL?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not that i can remember

8/16/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you have access to the original VIZIO remote that came with the tv?

If you bring up the TV MENU using the Vizio remote, is that menu clear (not affected) by the lines?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

the menue is clear

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

-check if you still have the same issue.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

unplugged and waiting

ok

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
powered back up and still there
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started