TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

New vizio TV canot turn on cloxed captioning. "CC" on the

Customer Question
New vizio TV canot turn...
New vizio TV canot turn on cloxed captioning. "CC" on the remote did not get any response.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ok model D32F D series
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu shows "TV SETTINGS" with only 6 names and did not include "closed captioning" there also no "user manual" there
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We just bought this new TV and there was a problem right away after connecting to dish box.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was saying closed captioning won't work with button press. Also I guess connecting HDMI cable should work because we now got picture on OK.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
8/16/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

The closed captioning is generated by the satellite box, the only time the TV will generate closed captioning is when its connected to an antenna, so you need to pick up the box remote and look for a button on there like CC or subtitle or text and press that, let me know if you have success or not then

Anthony

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 months ago

Do you need any more help with this please?

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician