Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Where would I find the auto volume button on a Dynex LCD TV?

Hi, where would I find the auto volume button on a Dynex LCD TV?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of your LCD tv? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Yes, the brand is DYNEX, the model is DX-LCD26-09
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, just the volume. I was try to put it on auto volume because the volume goes down on its own. I think I downloaded a bad app when I had the Roku 3.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I downloaded an app from the Roku 3 and I feel like someone else is controlling my TV..It rarely happens overnight, but during the day it happens often.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, what is the cost for this service, I know it is not free.
JA: The TV Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Will they give me a price before we continue?

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you saying the tv volume goes up and down all on its own? Does it happen on content other than the roku too, such as cable/satellite?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Nathan and thank you. No, it only goes down from time to time. Like, all day Sunday I had no problem with the volume. Normally if I am up late (around 1-3am) no problem. During the day it's like whenever it feels like going down, it will. Yes, I switched from the ROKU 3 to Charter Spectrum and it still does it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, just typing

Thank you for confirming,

this could be a setting, but is more likely a hardware problem.

There is no specific "auto volume" button, but there is a menu setting you can try to change as a first step.

Go into the dynex menu, using the dynex remote, then go down to the Audio section, then to Settings, which will let you restore all the audio settings to the factory defaults. Then let me know if the problem continues. I realize that may take some time to observe, so you can bookmark/favorite this page to get back to me when you have a chance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am using the Charter remote. I don't have the DYNEX remote.

This has to be done using the dynex remote, you cannot access the menu without the proper tv remote.

You can try using the onboard buttons, but those are limited in what they can access.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can get to the on-board remote for Audio then settings then factory defaults, but I can't click on it or choose it, I guess. Anyway, new TV time. Thank you.

Try using the volume up or down buttons to execute the selection.

If you can't do that, there is a different factory reset process we can try:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new tv. This set is far past its service life (these dynex sets typically last only a year or two) and would cost far more to fix than to buy a new one.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much!!!

You're very welcome!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Nathan, just to let you know, i haven't had that problem since I did the different factory reset process you suggested. Thank you again!!!

Great news, hope it keeps on track for you!