TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The volume on my sony tv doesn't work but when I switch to

the volume on my sony...
the volume on my sony tv doesn't work but when I switch to Netflix and YouTube, the volume is fine.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a new TV. I've had it 5 months. I don't have the literature that came with it. Where might I look to see what kind of Sony it is?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started today. About 10 hours ago.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/15/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

You mean that you have no sound beside the netflix and youtube apps ?

Note that I do not send phone offers myself , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .

I can see your reply.
Forget the phone call. Let's try typing. I have no sound besides Netflix and YouTube.

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable with cable box and cable remote or satellite box ?

Cable. I have a modem.

Modem is for internet and cable box is for tv channels , do you have a cable box ?

I guess I have a cable box.

O.k then as cable boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.

Jack
Jack, Technician
That did it. Thank you. I've rated you.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician