TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Passasonic TV THG 55DX600U turns itself off, power on…

My Passasonic TV THG...

My Passasonic TV THG 55DX600U turns itself off, power on remote then 1 sec turns off

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?

Brand new TH-55DX600U Viera Remote is original, came with TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I day. Disconnecting power at wall , tried reset with remote, hold for 10secs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

8/13/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I need to ask for some clarification. Are you saying the TV turns itself off, then on and then back off? Or are you saying you turn it back on with the remote, and then it shuts right back off?

Also, when it shuts off, does the power light on the set begin to blink?

We try to turn the TV on using the button on TV, remote not working even with new batteries. The stand by light, red one flashes slowly on & off, when you press power button, green light flashes on and TV comes on for approx. 1 sec then turns itself back off.

Thank you. What i was asking was- once it shuts itself off- does the power light begin blinking then, or does it remain on- or off? Also when did this occur- was there a storm or power outage, was it an intermittent fault?

No storm or power outage. Worked fine on Friday night, woke Sat morn to catch news and would not work properly. When shuts itself off power light does blink.

Thank you. The blinking of the power light is significant as it's an error code used to tell what is wrong with the TV. Please check the pattern of blinks (for example: 10 blinks, pause, 10 blinks, pause, etc.) and let me know what pattern you have once the set shuts down.

Pattern is it blinks once every 5secs no pausing.

Okay that is a one blink code which points to a failed power supply board in the TV.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Did this twice but it didn't work.

I'm sorry to hear that, and that is all that you can try on a user level. The symptoms you have are indicative of a hardware failure in the TV (which there are no pushbutton fixes for ). More specifically the power supply board in the set has failed and requires replacement with the average cost for this repair being in the $300-$350 range- parts and labor inclusive.

How long ago did you purchase this TV please? Is it over or less than a year from the date of purchase?

This is a new TV, only had it for 6weeks. Thank you anyway

Okay I understand, then you would need to contact the retailer and setup an exchange or a repair ticket from Panasonic as you have a premature failure in the set. Other than that I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Purchased on 4/6/17 but did not move into new house and set up until 26th June. We will contact MYER. Thanks

I understand. It would still be well within the one year warranty.

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician