TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

MY SONY TV HAS A PICTURE BUT NO SOUND. THE SOUND VOLUME BAR

MY SONY TV HAS A...
MY SONY TV HAS A PICTURE BUT NO SOUND. THE SOUND VOLUME BAR GOES UP AND DOWN BUT NO SOUND. HELP!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I THINK ITS AROUND 10 YEARS OLD. ON THE FRONT IT SAYS DOLBY DIGITAL BBE SRS TRUE SURROUND SOUND HOMITX
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I HAVEN'T DONE ANY...DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I HAVE A BOZE SOUND BAR HOOKED TO IT. COULD MY KITTY HAVE STEPPED ON A REMOTE THAT CAUSED THIS?
8/12/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello

Hi

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable box with remote or satellite box ?

I`m ready to accept your phone request but first i want to make sure you understand that this cost an extra $26
Do you still want that call or do you wish to continue in chat mode ?

Can you see my question above ?

Jack
Jack, Technician
cable box
if you can't call can you tell me something i can do?
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
ok, i'm waiting....

Looks like someone took you up on that phone offer before i could so you can expect a call soon

i've never received a call..what happened?

Someone grabbed that phone offer and never called ??

Have it refunded at this number 1.***-***-****

The phone call only please then come back here and i`ll work with you on that

Let me know

my husband who always took care of tv problems etc, etc has passed away. so, i'm stuck and at the mercy of whoever and whatever.. don't know what to do about the TV. I have tried to contact Sony and its a charge for everything these days. doesn't anyone stand behind their product with out charging an arm and a leg???

Did you call the number i gave you to have the phone offer refunded ?

Just the phone offer and once done i will continue here with you

ok, i called the number...now what?? i'm about ready to give up....

O.k then here is what you will do

Pull the cable box`s and bose sound bar`s power cord off the wall outlet for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time

OK, I'M GOING TO GO DO THAT. I WILL BE BACK IN A FEW.

let me know how that goes

WELL.I'M BACK SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG, BUT THE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER IS SO HEAVY I CAN'T MOVE IT AND I COULD HARDLY GET MY HAND BACK THERE TO UNPLUG/PLUG...BUT I FINALLY GOT IT WITH THE HELP OF MY 'GRABBER;. SO, GUESS WHAT..THE SOUND CAME ON! THANK YOU SO MUCH...I WILL REMEMBER THIS TRICK...IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN..ITS NOT FUN BEING A WIDOW WITH NO ONE TO HELP YOU DO ANYTHING...THANKS AGAIN JACK!!

Much welcome and next time try the sound bar first , those bose seem to need that every once in a while

OK..I WILL DO THAT. THE SOUND BAR MAKES THE SOUND SO MUCH BETTER. THE PICTURE ON THIS TV IS AWESOME....THANKS AGAIN....
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician