TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 7 year old 50 inch plasma TV has a line top to bottom.

My 7 year old...

My 7 year old 50 inch plasma TV has a white line top to bottom.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the plasma television's exact make and model?

Samsung AV50C550G1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All sources.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Don't remember, it has been a long time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Recently started showing multiple very fine black horizontal lines...

8/12/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK is this the same if you use another input like a DVD player for example?

Anthony

I just want to know if this is more likely to be a simple or expensive fix needed?

There are a number of causes of lines on a plasma there is a procedure to follow that will mean the back of the set coming off and maybe a replacement of one or more of the boards inside, cost of boards if you was to do the work yourself with my help could be in the region of $100_$150

Cost for a tech to do the work $250

So no its nothing simple there is a procedure to follow that begins simply but can get more complex

I am sorry it is nothing more simpler,

I am here to help should you wish to do work yourself worse case scenario is a bad plasma panel

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Thank you. I have already unplugged the set and am preparing to sell it or donate it.

OK if you need any thing else let me know thank you for the rating

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician