TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a GV47L FHDTV, purchased in 2009. Never had a

I have a GV47L FHDTV...
I have a GV47L FHDTV, purchased in 2009. Never had a problem, but yesterday, when I turned it on, the picture brightness was half normal and it was flickering with dark horizontal lines. I only use HDMI inputs. Checked the connections on all. Each input shows the same problem. I isolated the inputs and disconnected each in turn, same thing. I've tried everything I know. Any ideas?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: GV47L FHDTV. Refer to the last message for troubleshooting.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days. As far as I know the previous night everything was fine. Next day it was just there. No thunderstorms or any other disturbances.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
8/12/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello
I prefer chat

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

Sorry for the delay , had to step out for a bit

If you open the tv`s own menu does it cover those lines(where opened) or you can still see them ?

the condition covers everything including various graphics like the mute symbol

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

Thanks for waiting
This is a LCD/LED tv and i`m afraid that there is only one possible cause for a problem like this and that is a defective LCD panel .
Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows no matter what is on the screen including the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician
I was afraid of that. Thanks for confirming. Apparently, a replacement TV would be far cheaper than any repair.

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician