TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

40" FHD Digital LED TV - getting the msg - "Please run

Customer Question
40" FHD Digital LED...

40" FHD Digital LED TV - getting the msg - "Please run Channel Auto Scan." it is stuck there. Thx.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?

Element

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yes. The Setup Wizard popped up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/12/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable box with remote or satellite box ?

Hello
I don't have an antenna. The manual made no mention of one
Let's do it by chat

Not asking if you have one i`m asking what is your setup ??

straight cable ,cable box with remote or satellite box ?

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

Hello ?

straight cable

No cable company remote ??

No cable box and cable remote ??

Hello ??

Could we try to do this succint please ?

Your tv is on the wrong input , you don`t need to run that scan if you have a cable box

Look on the tv`s remote for the INPUT or SOURCE button then press it repeatedly to go through the various inputs until you get to your cable/satellite box or select that input from the input list once opened if you know which one it is , typically HDMI 1 for example

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .