Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a LG tv 42ld520 that the red led is lit at plugin

I have a LG tv 42ld520 that the red led is lit at plugin ,after powering on it turn blue after it takes to count to 7 it goes back to red I think it may be power supply. What do you think. Thanks Larry

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Can you please check output volts of power supply board on connector P201 that goes to main board?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I get 3.2, 3.4,20.8 12.3 volts don't know what pins and some of these voltages are on more than one pin. Also I smell coming from n-bd like something has gotten to hot.

OK, so you wont get 5.2V at any pin, is this correct?

Also, please elaborate n-bd?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will recheck for the 5.2 volts be right back.

OK, take your time

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no 5.2v

OK, one more test, disconnect P201 connector/ harness from power or main board and again check 5.2V

If still no 5.2V reading or less volts such as 3.4 V etc then replace power supply board in TV.

If you get 5.2V while main board is disconnected from power supply board that means main board is consuming more volts and causing volts drop, main board is defective and should be replaced to resolve the problem.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Disconnected from m-bd and rechecked no 5.2 volts

OK, replace power supply board please.

Thank you.