Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I reset the tv and now cannot get any channels. Says no

I reset the tv and now cannot get any channels. Says no signal??
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Th42pzou panasonic
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today and resting it was my troubleshooting method
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the cable box a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens.

Let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry Eric it's my dad's tv going to his house now to see if it works. I will get back to you shortly Absolutley I will rate

Okay great, that sounds good and thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Eric here at Dads can you call me at his phone(###) ###-####please.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

Where are you stuck regarding the steps I posted above?

Please reply back on this page as to where you are getting stuck and I can help. I need to leave soon, so please reply back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks

No problem. Where are you stuck regarding the steps I posted above?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just starting

Okay.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Aric tv not recognizing the cable box. Just brings up first time set up screen
Use the Input button on the Vizio remote.
Try to ignore the setup stuff and simply change the Input. Or if that doesn't work then run through the setup with the Vizio remote and then change the Input. The Input button is what changes the input setting on the TV to go to your cable.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Aric this is a panasonic not vizio I will try it
Okay sorry, I'm away from my computer right now and couldn't see the set. On a Panasonic it would be either Input or TV/Video.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok did it and the Etc satellite seems to be rebooting I think we may be working will let you know, it's a really slow process.
Okay good, let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We good to go Aric Dad is a happy man again I will rate you now. Awesome appreciate it
Excellent and I'm glad to hear it! Appreciate the rating from you as well. There should be stars at the top or bottom of the page to click on.