TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have no signal to my dvd player, I have hooked up cables…

I have no signal...

I have no signal to my dvd player, I have hooked up cables correctly and still mo signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

New, Rtu4853

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works I only have satelite and dvd

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Bought it new and have been trying to watch a movie from dvd player

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to watch a movie

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

About the model number , is there one that starts with something like RLED48..... for example

O.k can i have it please ?

48uhd,, rtu4853

Give me a minute please

This is odd , i`m on the RCA website and they don`t have that model number

What type of cables /connection do you have between the DVD and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?

It's probably something to do with my initial setup

I don`t think so no

The initial setup does not touch the various inputs , this come afterwards

Which input are you using , what is its name or label next to it ?

Dvd under input

At the rear of the tv it says DVD ??

Not INPUT 2,3 ,4 etc. ?

Or HDMI 1,2 , component 1 etc.

Original,,,, AV

O.k and that is what it says at the back of the tv ?

What are you using for cables , red/white/yellow composite cables ?

Or the 5 cables component system ?

No so, all i have is the cable with white and red plugged into right and left
Also into my dvd player

The cable ??

You mean the coax cable in the tv`s antenna /cable terminal ?

Can you give me the model number of that player ?

not using highdef

O.k then your tv is not set to the correct input and those left right cables are redundant

You need to set your tv to TV/TUNER mode then select channel 3 or 4 (enter the digits 03 or 04 on the remote)

Give it a try

Tv is set for channel four

Got something now ?

I get satelite but no signal when i try to turn on dvd

You get the satellite on channel 4 ??

If that is the case then your satellite outputs on channel 4 and your dvd on channel 3

This dvd player , does it have a tuner ?

My inputs say. Satelite, dvd. Component HD123 and 4
I put it on dvd which also comes up on my screen but no signal

Please let have that dvd player model number , there is a mix up in your wiring and how you need to set this

You are using coaxial all the way yes ?

If so then the settings need to be changed or get yourself some RCA cables and use video for either the satellite or dvd

Right now your DVD input is totally redundant and will not work there is nothing connected there !!

channel 4

You need to set your dvd player to channel 4 and your tv to channel 3 is my guess , play a dvd annd set your tv to channel 3 to see if you get a picture ?

Are you still there?

Yes was waiting for you

Did you see what I said above ?

You need to set your dvd player to channel 4 and your tv to channel 3 is my guess , play a dvd and set your tv to channel 3 to see if you get a picture ?

Dvp-sr400p
Is this through input or menu

Never mind that

I found the error

You said you had the left/right audio connected and a cable in the TV's antenna input , that cable is the satellite not the dvd

You need another cable to connect that yellow jack on the dvd player and it will go into the green Y //Video jack on the tv

That DVD does not have coax out and that is what got me mixed up here when you said it was connected to the TV's antenna terminal

Got something now when you select dvd in the source menu now ?

When people don`t come back for more help or questions it usually means the problem is fixed

Please take the time to rate now if your problem is fixed

That is how I will get paid for this session with you and it does NOT cost you anything more

Sorry I cant stay on here any longer, thought this would be an easy fix. I have set up lots of TVs to my dvd and never had a problem. I will get someone in to fix the problem, but thankyou

You are missing a cable if you have only audio connected

Jack
Jack, Technician
Sorry I cant stay on here any longer, thought this would be an easy fix. I have set up lots of TVs to my dvd and never had a problem. I will get someone in to fix the problem, but thankyou. Thank you that worked��
That worked thank you very much

Great and thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician