TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv is frozen on philips screen. It worked fine last

The tv is frozen...

The tv is frozen on philips screen. It worked fine last night.

Technician's Assistant: What Philips model do you have? How old is it?

I honestly don't know, got it about 10 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I unplugged it and it shut off and when I plugged back in the tv automatically turned on to frozen screen again. It won't respond to remotes or button on tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that's it

8/11/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope I can still reply, model is 42PFL3704D/F7

Thanks for the reply.

Just curious - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unplugged both and just plugged in...seeing if it will work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does!! Last night I didn't unplug the satellite, just the tv. Is that why the tv froze!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, meant question mark to ask if that was why

Excellent, glad to know problem is resolved. It seems TV firmware was stuck when booting up for some reason and causing the issue, unplug - replug did work to fix the firmware glitch.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it, thanks so much!!

Much welcome, have nice time~