TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Rear projection jvc hdmi not working. Unsure of age model is…

Rear projection jvc hdmi...

Rear projection jvc hdmi not working

Technician's Assistant: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?

Unsure of age model is hd-z70rf7

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes TV menu works fine and seems to try and find channels but nothing comes up. Hdmi isn't bringing up anything

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your HD-Z70RF7? What happened right before this?

Lol only just inherited it. It's been in a warehouse for a while

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

8/10/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, what device is being attempted to be connected by HDMI?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried the Xbox one nothing came up, tried raspberry pie which we run on our normal TV but nothing. Tried tune in to TV channels using both a digital and analog aerial (not in good shape) and it looked like it was trying to find channels but nothing came back

To my understanding, this TV model is not capable of the current Australian digital TV / DVB -T nor the Mpeg-4.

Have you checked / replaced the HDMI cable?

...tried a lower video output resolution of the "...Xbox one...raspberry pie..." ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not yet. At the moment it would be good just to get an idea of what to do or other solutions

Try lowering the XBox's video resolultion.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will let my partner know these suggestions and see how it goes. Is there any thing else we can try?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks so much. We do have an older Xbox we can also try. Your suggestions at least give us a place to go

Yes please; give the above a try.

These would serve as both attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's great. Thank you. Is that the same reason the TV is not finding channels? We used an analog aerial but it's not in the greatest condition

Yes, the TV is rather old and not fully compatible with current technology (even if it is HDMI capable).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would Trying another aerial in better condition work?

Doubtful; it is actually an internal hardware limitation on this 2006 TV model.

A hopeful workaround is an external add-on device to make this TV compatible with DVB -T TV broadcasts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like a digital box that we had when tvs first went to digital and needed to be converted for analog TV?

Yes, something like the product shown HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are amazing. Thank you so much for your help. It's great to have a new direction to go. Many thanks.

Great! ...and thanks.

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and if you haven’t done so, please provide a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top of your page

Louie, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem at all. You have been terrific. Thank yoi