Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

It is a new 43" and my old (15yrs) dvr is not compatable.

Customer Question

It is a new Phillips 43" and my old (15yrs) dvr is not compatable.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: NEW from Walmart yesterday
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I took out the old tv and installed the new one
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the old dvr? Are you looking for help finding a new one to purchase?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The old tv is a panasonic. The NEW tv is a Philips Model 43PFL4902/F7.
The dvr is a DISHDVR625
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am 82 yrs old and my hearing is almost gone, result of two wars, Korea and Vietnam. This morning I had an irritation in my left ear and can not put my aid in. So let me get my daughter hear and we can get back to you. May take a while. Jim
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had a BBQ with all the family here and the guys think they are really good at this kind of thing and after hours of messing with it they gave up. TG! So now it is just you and me. I do have a tech coming out here on Saturday. I think that I should wait till then.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

There is no reason that box can't work with your new tv. It is possible, you'd just have to accept some quality limitations as it won't be in HD.

You'd need to use the red/white/yellow ports (tv1, not tv2) on back of the dish box, to the back of the philips with red to red, white to white, and yellow to green. Then you set the tv to the Composite/AV input mode.

I would recommend you get a new dvr though, one that has a hdmi port so that you can take advantage of the full high def picture.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.