Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Panasonic Viera 60 inch TV picture is too large; not on zoom

Customer Question

Panasonic Viera 60 inch TV picture is too large; not on zoom or anything like that. on full size, its too big and i cant reduce it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TC-P60S30
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes. it will not reduce under any thing I have tried.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was changing channels and accidentally hit some combination of buttons and all of a sudden it happened: it just stuck on "very large picture"
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What are you watching on it? Cable/satellite?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cable
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both. It is more likely a cable issue though.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

I sent you an answer above.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no aspect button on the cable box.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

It may be labeled something else, every remote is different.

If it is not a physical button, it would be a line item in the cable settings menu.