TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio smart tv and it will not connect to the

Customer Question
uverse att internet....
I have a vizio smart tv and it will not connect to the uverse att internet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/7/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Which Vizio model do you have?

Are you getting an error message?

Have you tried restarting the uverse router?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have vizio 60" e601i-a3. I was watching tv during an electrical storm and i think lighting zapped the tv. Everything works except the tv cannot find an lan. Internet apps are not working.

Ok, try restarting your uverse modem/router.

Then check if the TV can find a LAN again.

If that doesn't work then the TV has likely suffered some damage and will require a repair.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No doubt it needs repair.. It has not worked for months. I need to know which piece might need to be replaced or maybe a part number. All the hdmi ports as well as the antennae work anbd everything else seems to function. Is their a bard that can be replaced that just controls the internet?

It depends what damage has occurred.

If a lightning storm caused a power surge then multiple circuit boards may have failed inside the TV and it may not be recoverable.

A lot of troubleshooting will be required to test each board to see if it is fully functional or not.

Do you have schematic diagrams and test equipment available to do this?

If you want to take pot luck and replace a board then you can just try replacing the main board that includes the network connectivity.