TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I accidentally erased all of my cable channels, and i cant…

Customer Question
I accidentally erased all...

I accidentally erased all of my cable channels, and i cant figure out how to get them back.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio brand # D60n-E3 not even a year old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu wks but in wont search for cable channels. i had to manually input every channel when we got it. but i dont know how i did it. and it wont take them manually now.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

A week. i tried to manually add a channel, and ended up erasing them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so, just need to know how to get my channels back. i need help getting my channels back from my remote

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
8/6/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Do you have access to the tv right now?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

thank you

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

Do you normally use the Vizio remote to change channels? or is there a cable/satellite remote?

OK, how do I get my channels back from my remote

I use the TV Visio remote, my cable is from the wall, and when I first got the TV, I manually input all my cable channels. But I erased them, and now I don't know how to get them back.

Press MENU

Go to GUIDE SETUP

choose CHANNEL SETUP

follow the instructions to run a channel scan

REPLY back here and let me know how that goes.

OK, I did the scan, and then it says to skip, but then it says if you skip TV set up you cannot change channels with the Visio remote.

Why would you want to skip tv setup?

That's exactly what you are trying to do, right? setup the tv channels...

it is, but all I get are analog, when I first got the TV six months ago, I had to manually input every cable channel. But now it won't do it like that

Never heard of such a thing- having to manually enter every channel!

Who is your cable company?

Do you have other tv's that do NOT use a cable box and are currently getting all the channels?

I actually do not pay for cable, I pay for Internet. But when I plugged the TV into the cable cord, and started playing around with the TV, I was able to manually input all the cable channels. I just can't figure out how to do that now

So you don't have any other tv's that get all the correct channels.... Sounds to me like your cable company recently put in a FILTER to block all the channels, so that you will be forced to pay for the correct services.

Nope, I erased them trying to add another channel, I just need to know how to add cable channels. Can you help me with that?

Nope, good luck.

Can I speak to a supervisor, now, I would like my money back.
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 9 months ago
Josh, Technician

You can call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

Louie, Technician