Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We lost our Vizio remote. The TV is a Series E400B2; Serial

Customer Question

We lost our Vizio remote. The TV is a Series E400B2; Serial number: LWZQPNBQQ1107162. I cannot get the Universal to program and hold. NOW it is on BlueRay and WILL NOT get off there. I want to order a remote that matches my TV with the double side (keyboard on back) if possible. What do you suggest??? HELP!!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3-4 years old and on the side it says Model: E400B2
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i have tried nothing but the TV
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It is a smart TV and I have Frontier DSL for my input. It worked fine before except for the Blue Ray and Sound bar. I had the Blue Ray working and someone else touched it and I could never connect again. The soundbar would never work. I just want TO WATCH THE NEWS and get my apps like NETFLIX AND YOU TUBE!!
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: wELL, WE HAD THE tv WORKING ON SIMPLY THE ANTENNA, BUT NO netflix AND THEN IT WORKED FOR netflix, BUT NO CHANNELS.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

A universal remote won't work well or at all for this purpose. It is very difficult to program universal remotes for the "off brand" tvs like the vizios which have some known compatibility issues.

You'll need the original vizio remote for this purpose. Luckily they are still available and you may order one here: http://amzn.to/2hzCYSL

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

You are not obligated to a monthly service and are not signed up for one. You have paid the full agreed upon one time fee for help here via the chat, under which I've provided an answer. Please scroll up to view that answer I sent earlier.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.