TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote control is not working. I changed the batteries…

Customer Question
My remote control is...

My remote control is not working. I changed the batteries and it still is not working. My TV is either Model E601-A3 or E701-A3

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your E601-A3?

On the back, but the TV was recently mounted on the wall (about 2 weeks ago) and I cannot pull it out far enough to do anything

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None, the remote will not work at all. I think I may need a new one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it. Thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/6/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted; ...test the remote? ...try another (compatible) remote?

There is a partial test to confirm if the Vizio remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the other hand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight. Please post back results of the camera test.