TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It won't turn on but the red light is on and my roommate was…

Customer Question
It won't turn on...

It won't turn on but the red light is on and my roommate was playing the PS3 the I think the storm missed it up

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Ya

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Power strip

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

How do u reset it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/6/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Can you please try unplugging for an extended period of time?

...and then directly plugging into a wall outlet bypassing the powerstrip?