TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot change from HDMI one or HDMI two with the TV

I cannot change from...

I cannot change from HDMI one or HDMI two with the TV button

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

I have a Sony TV. Model number KDL40ex500

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can get the chart up for TV HDMI one and List but I can't make changes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I try to change it with the button and then I try other things in the menu photo and all that came up I got a picture of a tree and sometimes a green screen I finally got the chart back up I just can't change the number

8/6/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than the above?

Louie, Technician
I unplug the TV from the power source and then plug it back in. That didn't help
Phone call session started
someone can you call me

Appreciate your taking my call Debbie.

Yes, the button with the l / O at the back of the remote would be the Power for the On/Off.

Please click HERE on how to change the remote controls Battery.

I change the batteries in the TV remote

There is a partial test to confirm if the Sony remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the other hand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight. Please post back results of the camera test.

I change the batteries in my Sony remote and I tried the camera test. I don't believe the Sony remote is working

The remote is necessary to perform a RESET.

If an INPUT selection such as HDMI1 or HDMI2 and the others has nothing connected to it, then it would be greyed out and thus can not be selected.

If it is labeled as "SKIP", then it also would still be can not be selected.

The solution is to perform RESET and/or program the Input Settings through the MENU both of which requires using a remote control.

If an original/functional Sony remote is then available, please click HERE for the RESET procedures.