Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I'm poking around on line looking for help troubleshooting

Customer Question

Good evening!
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm poking around on line looking for help troubleshooting our B & K CK 1.2 keypads. They are intermittently turning themselves on and off, but when purposely turned on they only play the selected mode like Satellite tv for a few seconds and then it goes out and the screen goes blank.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's happening with any tv connected to a keypad. We have keypads all over our home and all of them are behaving the same way. We have a brand new Samsung and older model tv's like Panasonic's from 2005. The funny thing is that our theater room continues to work, that's how I've narrowed it down to the keypads. My name is*****: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've unplugged all of our B & K components and plugged them into another power strip in another room.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When the keypads come on by themselves there's a light snapping noise, like an electrical sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If wireless then the signal may be too weak or is subject to interference.

Try using a wired connection temporarily to help confirm that the keypads are working ok and the problem is indeed with the wireless connection.

You may need to add some wireless extenders if the wireless signal is weak.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything is wired.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

What type of cable had been used?

What length are the cables?