TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am having problem with my samsung uhd curved tv - model…

Customer Question
hi there, i am having...
hi there, i am having problem with my samsung uhd curved tv - model UE48JS9000, i've started to see some kind of yellow/brownish shades on the sides of the diplay (symmetrically, on the same height). Since the unit is out of warranty period, i wonder if anything can be done to fix this issue?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
please see attached photos
8/6/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 11 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue.
Unfortunately I have seen the issue before. The LCD display is defective. The Led strips have deposits in them / weak Leds causing dark areas / spots.
Have you seen this issue before in these models? Is it possible to replace the led strips only without the need to replace the whole panel?
I'm trying to locate some cheaper parts / solution.
it is possible, but very difficult. I have only replaced the entire display. How old the TV ?
my brother in law owns a repair shop not far from where i live, so I might ask him if it's possible. The TV is approx. 2-2.5 yrs old. I wonder if it is really the led strip issue – what worries me most is the symmetric appearance of the issue...
The led strips are vertically aligned. I was not able to find the Led strips by themself. It looks like the entire display needs to be replaced. I would recommend to contact 1-800-Samsung and report your issue since this is a premature defect of the panel. I would ask for a one warranty authorization to get the panel replaced. Many customers were successful with that, even so the Tv was out of warranty. Because paying out of pocket is not cost effective.
The exact word is One time warranty authorization. And try to talk to the Higher level customer support. The first level will in most cases not do anything. And be firm, since this should not happen after 2 yrs. You paid good money for it, and if they want to keep you as a Samsung customer, they should honor your request.
ok, thank you, ***** ***** most certainly do as you say - so you are positive that this is the issue of LED backlight?
because i've search through the entire web - forums, facebook groups, etc. and could not find anyone with similar issue
I'm very certain it is a defective panel. Good luck by calling Samsung.
ok thank you for your support
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Tv issue. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out. Have a good night.
Good morning, is there anything else I can help you with on your Samsung TV question ? If not, Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping you with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.
Good afternoon Sir. I hope my information were helpful. If you could please rate my service so I can close out the question I would appreciate. Because otherwise I'm not getting paid for my service. Thank you