Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Just purchased and E-43. I do not want or need any

Customer Question

Just purchased and E-43. I do not want or need any sophisticated uses, I merely want to hook up a DVD player (non-BluRay). This should be a very simple operation. I tried this but get "no signal." Press input button but get something unusable about HD. Usually in hooking up DVD player I use red, white, and yellow connections. I have plugged in the red and white but find no place for the yellow. Remember I am a very simple user.
JA: Who makes your speaker or sound system?
Customer: There is no speaker or sound system except what may be in the TV itself or the DVD player. Do you mean I need a speaker system to use the TV?
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got it
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

These tv`s share the composite (what you have) and component (5 cables) video so use the green (Y) input for that yellow cable then open the input list and select COMP and that should do it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bad vocal cords. Cannot use phone
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Let me know how that goes

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still have on screen an offer to "call me" for $26
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Never mind it , just ignore it , as i said i have no control over those

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Connect your dvd as i described above then select COMP in the input menu and you`re done

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post so you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank. Let's see if it works (2 floors down)
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

It will work and it is the only way unless that dvd had HDMI as well

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Will step out now but if that does the trick please do not forget to rate