Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I can only use the TV remote to turn the set on and adjust

Customer Question

I can only use the TV remote to turn the set on and adjust the volume it seems as if the cable remote controls everything else. How can i get the cable remote to turn the TV on and odd and also control the volume ??
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI and there is only the one cable from the cable control box
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: So far that is all that seems to be the problem. We just hooked it up today.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

What is the brand name of this tv and who is your cable supplier ?