TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I can only use the TV remote to turn the set on and adjust…

Customer Question
I can only use...

I can only use the TV remote to turn the set on and adjust the volume it seems as if the cable remote controls everything else. How can i get the cable remote to turn the TV on and odd and also control the volume ??

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI and there is only the one cable from the cable control box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

So far that is all that seems to be the problem. We just hooked it up today.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
8/6/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

What is the brand name of this tv and who is your cable supplier ?

Louie, Technician