Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have an older Sony FD Trintiron WEGA. Today the TV does

Customer Question

We have an older Sony FD Trintiron WEGA. Today the TV does not turn on and a red light keeps flashing. Have checked the connections, turned off power to the TV for 1 minute, but no success
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: Connected to a surge protector.
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
KV-32HS510
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I prefer to try to chat first
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, does the red light on TV flashing in specific pattern?

for example, blink 4 times, pause for few seconds, again blink 4 times

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
6 blinks then a pause, then repeats
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, working on it, give me couple of minutes please

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of couple of regulator chips mounted on D Board of TV, these chips are marked on board as IC6501 and IC8002, both chips have same number written on surface, MCZ3001D

Replacement of both chips in TV will fix the problem if you have plan to do it yourself. Taking this TV to repair shop would cost you more than buying a new 32" LCD TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective chips replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?