TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have 50 inch lcd hitachi tv the reset button keeps

Customer Question
blinking abd have no...
I have 50 inch lcd hitachi tv the reset button keeps blinking abd have no picture
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Hitachi TV?
Customer: no
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...50 inch lcd hitachi tv..."

ok it is a 50 inch lcd model num. LE55A6R9A

Appreciate the additional information.

And with the description of "...have no picture...", is the screen all blue, black or white?

...still with sound?

TV connected directly to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box or even perhaps a satellite receiver? ...or connected to the Internet?

And where is the "...reset button keeps blinking..." located please?

complete black screen no sound it has a built in Roku that was under a cover said reset I took cover of unplugged it thought it was a reset for tv sorry not my tv my daughters

Then it would not be an issue with the Hitachi LE55A6R9 TV but with the Roku Streaming Stick.

Is your daughter's Wireless router/WiFi active?

not here at my house also I took a flash light and turned all lights out shined on screen can see writing in the back ground
I took the Roku out it is not plugged in to the tv now

Ahhh, this finding is very significant as it would be indicative of the absence of backlights.

Was this TV moved, transferred location?

Can you try unplugging the TV from the wall outlet for an extended period of time?

only moved when they brought it to my house I have it plugged in now
I have it unplugged now

Yes please; unplug for an extended period of time; ...an hour...hours...

The idea is to simulate a soft RESET.

While still unplugged, press any and and all buttons on the TV side control panel every now and then. This would help dissipate residual power.

ok
thank you for your help I will leave it unplugged while I run to the store if it does not help it I will contact you again thank for your help

I understand and would look forward to an update when able.

Louie, Technician