TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need to know how to set-up my vizio sb3831-d0 sound bar to…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to set-up my vizio sb3831-d0 sound bar to a new tv

Technician's Assistant: How old is your SB3831-D0?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works but there is no input to a sound bar

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your SB3831-D0? What happened right before this?

The tv we had went out and we replaced it, I remember doing something to sink the sound bar to the tv

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please get me the model number off of the back of the TV and I can tell you how to install the soundbar.

Toshiba 43L420U

Thanks. To setup the Vizio on this TV the Optical connection must be used (the TV does not use Red and White audio outs- it only uses "Optical". So you would need to connect an Optical cable from the "Digital Audio Out" jack on the back of the TV, to the Optical Input on the Vizio. Then use the Toshiba remote to go into the Audio Menu and shut off the TV's internal speakers, then use the Vizio remote's "Input" button to select the "Digital/Optical" Input. Have you done any of that yet?

You can also use the Headphone jack on the SIDE of the Toshiba TV- and no optical cable would be needed in that case. This jack actually has a picture of a pair of headphones next to the jack, and would connect to the AUX Input on the Vizio soundbar. Then simply select AUX on the Vizio soundbar and raise the TV volume up.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Are you still there please? An 1/8" stereo AUX cable from the "Headphone" jack on the side of the TV, and the other end connecting to the "AUX" jack on the back of the soundbar will work. Select "AUX" using the Input on the Vizio remote control, then raise the TV volume AS WELL AS the soundbar volume.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

DO you need further assistance here?