Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Not my tv, my cd player 3 of them won't play cd's, not my

Customer Question

not my tv, my cd player 3 of them won't play cd's
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: not my tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: its not the tv
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the 3rd one today and the other two hasn" worked forA LONG TIME, SO I WAS GIVING UP
JA: Anything else you want the expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the cd player just shows dashes when i press play on all three of them
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

This problem the Bose is either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?